The Walt Disney World Resort includes four theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom), two water parks (Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach). It was opened in 1971, while Disneyland in California opened in 1955.
Some interesting facts I found while gathering some information,
- The streets in the parks are steam cleaned every night.
- There are cast members permanently assigned to painting the antique carousel horses.
- Minnie Mouse’s wardrobe contains more than 200 outfits while Mickey has more than 290.
- More than 75 million cokes are consumed each year, along with 10 million hamburgers, 6 million hot dogs and 13 million bottles of water.
- Disney World has closed three times all in the anticipation of hurricanes. (In 1999, and two times in 2004)
- Epcot stands for Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow.
디즈니 월드에 대한 재밌는 팩트들:
- 매일 밤 디즈니월드의 길거리는 스티밍 청소로 마무리.
- 회전목마의 말들만 덧칠하는 덧칠쟁이들이 있음.
- 미니의 의상은 200여개, 미키는 290여개.
- 콜라 지긋지긋하지도 않냐! 경험상 어느 테마파크던 음식은 별로임. 김밥 고고!
- 문을 닫았던 적은 딱 세번. 모두 허리케인을 대비해서였다.
I always wondered what it was Disney World did to people. I guess I wasn’t the only one.
All photos by rachelsanghee